Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I told you needed me.

I knew this would happen, I told everyone it would. That's how sure I was about it. You make bad decisions, we know this. We have known this for that past year. Once the shit hit the fan, I called it quits. I didn't need someone in my life that was going to force themselves to hit rock bottom and beat themselves up until they had nothing left and hated themselves. I knew that you were making yourself my mess to pick up. I couldn't watch you do that, no matter how much I had cared about you at one point, since you were no longer that person. You had gone back to being that person that everyone had hated. I figured you just had to get all that out of your system and that it was all just one of those phases that you would regret and see as stupid and pointless later. I just had hoped it wouldn't have taken this long. I see you coming to me and reaching out to me, wanting things to back to as they were. I'm thinking that might be to much to ask. I see you just need to have something solid to hold on to and I was always that for you, until you hit that 'rebellious' stage just when everything was going right. I see you just want something stable and solid to hold on too, and I was that for you. And if I was you, I would want me back to. But the thing is, I'm not, I'm me. I see all your errors, I have myself to protect these days, you USE to be my frist thought. I defended you and outlooked out for you every step of the way, but not anymore. You're no longer my best friend. I figure it must really suck for you. You're world is getting smaller. All you have is him, and let's be honest, he will mean nothing at the end of the day and you are putting all your eggs in that basket but I don't care, I won't say anything. All I'm trying to say is that I knew you would come crawling back, now it's just for me to decide if I'll open up this door again for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment